Classic Mode is a last resort setting. It will attempt to generate a backup zip file in a single PHP load and bypasses the need for a con. This really only works when sites are not very big and the server is robust enough to handle generating a zip file in a single PHP load.
- Navigate to the BackupBuddy Settings page.
- Select the Advanced Settings / Troubleshooting tab at the top.
- Scroll down to the “Technical & Server Compatibility” section.
- Find the setting “Default global backup mode” and change the selected value to ‘Classic’.
- Save the settings at the bottom of the page.
- Please note, ‘Classic’ mode is designed to help with manual traditional backups when the default of ‘Modern’ mode doesn’t seem to work. ‘Classic’ mode will not help with schedules and/or remote sends.
Have more questions? Submit a request